The third phase of the evacuation of the Lebanese abroad will take place from May 14th to 24th inclusive, as announced by the Middle East Airlines (MEA), and from several cities that are conducting the PCR test.
All passengers must have conducted their PCR Tests within 3 days of their scheduled flights.
The evacuation is restricted to Lebanese nationals and their families, children of Lebanese mothers, individuals who hold citizenship or residency, and those who have their related documents under study, according to the provisions of the Lebanese General Security Circular.
The evacuation excludes foreign domestic workers of traveling families and individuals holding a travel document of “Palestinian refugee in Lebanon.”
All passengers will be required to confirm the conditions of their entry into the Lebanese Republic.
The cities and dates of departure are as follows:
Thursday, May 14th: Istanbul, Riyad, Jeddah, Dammam, Frankfurt, Paris, London, Geneva, Abu Dhabi, Dubai, and Abuja.
Saturday, May 16th: Cairo, Riyad, Jeddah, Dammam, Paris, London, Brussels, Abu Dhabi, and Dubai.
Monday, May 18th: Larnaca, Jeddah, Riyad, Paris, Muscat, Abu Dhabi, Geneva, Dubai, London, and Dammam.
Wednesday, May 20th: Frankfurt, Ryad, Jeddah, Dammam, Paris, London, Dubai, and Abu Dhabi.
Friday, May 22th: Istanbul, Riyad, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Jeddah, Paris, London, Brussels, and Dammam.
Sunday, May 24th: Frankfurt, Riyad, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Jeddah, Paris, London, and Dammam.
Lebanese wishing to return home from the United States, Canada, and South America have been allocated special flights through the airports of London, Paris, and Frankfurt.
According to the MEA’s announcement, these travelers are not subject to mandatory PCR tests. However, it is advisable to contact MEA offices for direct confirmation.
These flights from the US, Canada, and South America must be booked with the MEA Offices in person or electronically:
New York: 1 212 2446850 [email protected]
Montreal: 1 514 954 1464 [email protected]
MEA Call Center 961-626999 [email protected]
MEA’s conditions to board evacuation flights:
- Passengers must have tested negative from COVID-19.
- Only PCR tests conducted within 3 days of the trip, and in labs recognized by the Lebanese embassy or the hosting countries are acceptable.
- The PCR examination cannot be replaced by a medical report.
- The price of round trip travel tickets on these evacuation trips is not refundable unless a positive PCR test result is established. In such cases, the MEA offices must be informed and the reservation canceled at least one day before the flight date in order to redeem the ticket.
- Lebanese travelers who wish to return can book and purchase their tickets through the MEA website or at MEA offices in the country of departure or through the MEA Call Center 961-1-626999
- Flight tickets must be purchased before the deadline for performing PCR checks.
Get the latest news and updates about the coronavirus outbreak in Lebanon along with a live monitor of cases in Lebanon as well as resources and information to help you guide the outbreak on our dedicated coronavirus page.